Are you ready to file your return?
Here are a few steps you can take to ease the pressure and help make filing your tax return less taxing
Start off by:
1. Getting your paperwork together
Here is a short list of things you might need to start collecting before coming to see me:
- Identification (ex. Driver’s license, passport)
- Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents.
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit (ex. Blank check, deposit slip)
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- State and federal tax returns from last year
- Alimony Received
- Pensions, Annuities, IRA distributions, Social security benefits
- Any income received (farming, unemployment, business, gambling)
- Gain on the sale of assets
Expenses and Deductions
- Alimony Paid
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (SS# or EIN)
- Health Savings account information
- Paid vehicle registration
- Paid property taxes
- Paid mortgage interest
- Information on any investment purchases and sales
- Educational expenses (either as a teacher or a student)
- Student loan interest statement
- Home improvement bills
- Donation receipts
- Medical receipts (eye care, dental, medical exams)
- Adoption expenses
- Gambling losses
- Amount paid for preparation of last year’s tax return
- Any other information - If anything else comes to mind, bring it with you or call. We can work through it together.
2. Schedule an Appointment
You can either call 1-816-668-5126 or click here to Schedule an Appointment.
Don’t worry, you are in good hands. I’ll complete your taxes, review them with you and then E-File your tax return and provide you with access to your refund through our Banking service partner.